The first Nigerian schoolgirl from Chibok to be rescued from terrorist group Boko Haram insists that she missed her husband and father of her baby, who is believed to be a Islamist militant.
In her first interview since being rescued with her baby in May, Amina Ali Nkeki told sources she also wanted to go back home to Chibok, where she had been living for two years.
She and her child are being held in the capital, Abuja, for what the government calls a restoration process.
More than 200 girls were kidnapped from a school in Chibok in April 2014.
The abduction led to the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, that was supported by US First Lady Michelle Obama and Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai.
Nkeki was found three months ago by a vigilante group in a forest with suspected militant Mohammed Hayatu, who identified himself as her husband, and their child of four months, BBC reported.
The 21-year-old said she was unhappy about being separated from Hayatu, who was arrested after they were found.
“I want him to know that I am still thinking about him,” she told sources. “Just because we got separated, that does not mean that I don’t think about him.”
During the interview she only lifted her gaze from the floor once to breastfeed her daughter when the baby was brought into the room, according to reports.
“I just want to go home – I don’t know about school,” she said. “I will decide about school when I get back.”
The Boko Haram group has waged a violent insurgency for several years in north-eastern Nigeria in its quest for Islamic rule.
On Sunday (Aug 14), Boko Haram released a video apparently showing footage of some the other missing Chibok girls.
Nkeki said she had not watched the video.
“I think about them [the other kidnapped girls] a lot – I would tell them to be hopeful and prayerful,” she said. “In the same way God rescued me, he will also rescue them.”